[Mailman-Developers] Share list passwords with a php script

OXullo Intersecans xullo at inetware.com
Wed May 21 09:57:00 EDT 2003

Greetings,
I'm advancing excuses if this topic has been treated yet but I found no
clues even in this mailing list.

I would find a way to let a php script running under www-data user
permission to test an authentication providing email and password (I
have to test if a particular user has or not access to the list)
I achieved this executing 'withlist' on the script running a python
piece of code:

-------------- code snippet ---------------------
from Mailman.Errors import NotAMemberError

def getmemberpw(mlist, addr):

    try:
        pw = mlist.getMemberPassword(addr)
        print pw

    except NotAMemberError:
        print 'ENOPW'

This however works well if config.pck belongs to www-data, which
obviously creates a security hole
I thought to find a way using a wrapper, stronging security giving the
couple email,pwd to the program and get a positive or a negative response.
But I know very little of python and now I'm asking if are there some
other ways.

Thank you very much for your kind attention

Marco Fagiolini