[Mailman-Developers] gpg again

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Sun May 18 13:15:45 EDT 2003

Hello

Please don't flame if I'm out of place, I'll go rtfm/etc but I googled
for mailman+gpg and it came up with a bunch of old stuff on this list.
from what I can see periodically someone would come along and say 'we
want gpg support' but things don't happen.

So, if anyone has a second I'd like to know why?

Because it would be very cool.

gpg would of course not be used by most lists, because most lists are
public so theres no point. Then the private lists - most people on those
don't care. But I'm on a couple of lists that are private and consist
exclusively of people with gpg-enabled mutt or pgp-enabled outlook and
we'd *very much* like a gpg-only inline or MIME (pgp for windows can't
handle mime yet I'm told, but I only use linux so...). Then  of course I
should be able to say 'use this key server, or accept uploaded keys' and
so on.

Now as a student and a volunteer on other projects I have sod all time
and only a little money so I can't just add it myself (which I respect
as a response) but hey - I'd bet if there was a paypal pot or whatever
for people to donate to get this feature written it'd get money.

So at the very least - here I am and I ask for this feature if anyone
feels like writing it.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/