[Mailman-Developers] Re: Mailman-Developers External user database

Kevin McCann kmccann at bellanet.org
Thu May 1 17:30:36 EDT 2003

I think having a choice would be good. Sympa allows the use of a MySQL user
database. And while I don't want to get into a Sympa vs. Mailman debate I
have to say that the feature is attractive because it presents
opportunities for those who want their MLM to be an integrated part of a
bigger tool. There is a need for collaborative tools that go beyond the
mailing list but I believe the mailing list is the foundation, the glue.
And being able to easily integrate a proven MLM such as Mailman into a
variety of scenarios would be a Good Thing.

Zope / Plone + Mailman

PHP/MySQL tools (eg Postnuke) + Mailman

whatever-your-heart-desires + Mailman

Cheers,