[Mailman-Developers] English (USA)

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Mar 18 17:03:11 EST 2003

Aplogies for the late reply, it seem the message was stuck in the approval
queue.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:44:46PM +0100, CARTER Anthony wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any way that we can remove the "USA"
> bit from the language options? For example, instead of "English (USA)"
> have just "English"

Well, you can certainly do that for your own Mailman installation; just
search for 'USA' and remove the string where you see it :) Whether we want
that by default in the distributed Mailman is something else. I'd personally
be against it, because there is a real difference between, for instance,
English for the British and English for the Americans. Calling it English
(USA) at least makes it clear which version it is, even if there isn't
(yet) a British variant. Or is there ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>