[Mailman-Developers] list statistics

Marek Podmaka marki at host.sk
Mon Mar 17 12:40:32 EST 2003

Hi!

I have written a program to generate statistics on email messages (which
are in MBOX format) called MailListStat (MLS). It computes a lot of stats
(TOP authors, subjects, mailers, some graphs, ...) Output is in text
format (to be posted to list)  or HTML format. Now it supports cache files
for faster operations (uses PHP wrapper to allow user to choose language
and some others options and stats are displayed from cache files really
fast).

New version (not yet released) can add new messages to cache file, so it's
possible to automatically update cache file from .forward/.procmailrc...

I would like to ask how this can be used with mailman. The best option in
my opinion would be possibility to run MLS after new message is received
for the list. Other options include using cron to daily generate the cache
file or subscribing special user to the list who will run MLS from
.forward/alias. But I think the first option is best. I have seen some
requests for similar functionality in mailman, so I think it would be fine
to integrate these two...

Homepage of MLS: http://freshmeat.net/projects/mls

  HAVE A NICE DAY :-)

--