[Mailman-Developers] Can't create list from web

Stonewall Ballard sb.list at sb.org
Sat Mar 8 16:26:35 EST 2003

I'm running 2.1+ (just updated it), and have discovered that I can't
create lists from the web anymore. I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/create.py", line 55, in main
     process_request(doc, cgidata)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/create.py", line 176, in
process_request
     mlist.Create(listname, owner, pw, langs)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 444, in Create
     self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 362, in InitVars
     baseclass.InitVars(self)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 91, in
InitVars
     os.mkdir(self.archive_dir()+'.mbox', 02775)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/actnetmembers.mbox'

The list itself is not created (not listed by bin/list_lists). A
directory of that name is created in the lists directory, but it's
empty and it has its permissions set incorrectly (the group "s" bit is
not set).

I deleted the empty directory and used bin/newlist to create it. This
time it worked, but the permissions were still wrong. check_perms
complained:

directory permissions must be 02775:
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/actnetmembers (fixing)
directory permissions must be 02775:
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/actnetmembers.mbox (fixing)
directory permissions must be 02775:
/usr/local/mailman/lists/actnetmembers (fixing)

I have not created a list since I updated to 2.1, and since I updated
my server to OS X Jaguar (10.2.4) Server.

Any ideas?

  - Stoney