[Mailman-Developers] modifying mailman's source

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Jun 9 17:08:03 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 17:53, Wesley T. Perdue wrote:
> All,
>
> I need to call an external script whenever a mailing list's membership changes.

Why don't you modify OldStyleMemberships.py?  If you want to feel more
immune from future Mailman updates, I'd suggest subclassing from
OldStyleMemberships, override the few methods you need, and then use the
MailList extension mechanisms to make sure your class gets instantiated
instead of the default one.