[Mailman-Developers] a template "arrrgh...."

Ron Brogden rb at islandnet.com
Wed Jul 30 19:11:21 EDT 2003

Howdy.  I just upgraded to the latest 2.1.2 stable source (I had been running
the last beta previously).  After upgrading, as expected all template files
got stomped on so I set about recreating them as appropriate.  After doing so
however I have two stumpers which looking at the source code for the archiver
(and various other files), I am stumped to solve.

The first issue is that specifically "templates/en/options.html" does not
seem to be honoured.  It is either looking in the wrong place (wrong language
maybe) or doing something completely unknown.  I can change the template but
it does not affect what the CGI scripts ultimately display.  Looking at the
code suggests that this should behave no differently than say,
"listinfo.html" (which works fine) but damned if I can figure out why this is
happening.

The second issue which has me really embarrassed because I know I licked it
once is that I cannot figure out where the headers for the archives are
coming from.  Sometime in the past I figured out how to change these but now
the updated templates from "templates/en/" are not consulted when the
archives get updated (i.e .when a new message comes in it uses an old
template) nor can I find where this template lives.  The source suggests that
there may be some caching happening (going by class/function names) but I
have not been able to narrow it down from there.  I am guessing it they are
either in a db file somewhere or outside the Mailman tree but I am lost
finding 'em (grepping and running find has not been able to track them down).

No errors show in the logs either for the record.

Any suggestions on how to nail either of these frustrating template issues
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ron