[Mailman-Developers] Bounce processing

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jul 23 13:46:10 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 08:39, Juan Enrique Gómez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have been looking how works the bounce daemon, and i see thtat
> everytime it processes a bounce, it rewrites the list file complete, is
> this possible?, if so i think this is a crazyness cause in lists with
> 200k users, every bounce takes tooooo looong...

Sorry folks, I've been very very busy lately (vacation, work demands,
pylab upheavals, and the upcoming Python 2.3 release).

I agree that the bounce processor should be improved to batch things
better, and I'll see if I can work out the code for MM2.1.3 after Python
2.3 is released.  I'll try to find some time to follow up / catch up on
mailman-developers soon too.

-Barry

ObOptimistic: I was blissfully unconnected on my vacation and rather
than read a big Harry Potter book, I took along my laptop.  I made some
nice progress on MM3 which I'll talk about soon!