[Mailman-Developers] Really slow bounce processing

Fil fil at rezo.net
Mon Jul 21 20:40:45 EDT 2003

Yes, bounce processing is slow with Mailman; that's also what's making me
stay with sympa for my bigger lists (180 000 subscribers too). The problem
as I see it is that Mailman locks the list before it processes any bounce.
Instead, I think, it should pre-process bounces without even opening the
list db; then only post-process the bouncing addresse(s) against the real
list. Easier said than done ;)