[Mailman-Developers] withlist & passwords

Robert Hale rhale at chex.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 10:08:15 EDT 2003

Hiya

I hope this is the right place to post this techie type question.  My
apologies if not.  Python is new to me, and I was trying to avoid learning
it - maybe I will have to!

I have been using mailman for some time now and then decided to build a
'user' area on my website that is based on the same email addy and password
that mailman uses.  (Its my own box so I have root access)

with version 2.0.13 I used the following - ./withlist -r cpw list_domain.com
this gave a full list of email address and their passwords.

with 2.1.2 this throws up errors

I have worked out I can use - ./withlist -l -r checkpw list_domain.com
email at address
and this will return the password for a single user

Are there any ideas on how I can make withlist return a list of all email
address and passwords?  (I was thinking of a small perl script to repeatedly
call this foreach email address returned by ./list_members but that seems
silly...)

Thanks

Robert