[Mailman-Developers] Fw: [ham] Mailman: cross-site scripting bug

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat Jan 25 11:12:43 EST 2003

Hmm,

Looks this is the cause of problem in Cgi/options.py

     # Avoid cross-site scripting attacks
     safeuser = Utils.websafe(user)
     # Sanity check the user, but be careful about leaking membership
     # information when we're using private rosters.
     if not mlist.isMember(user) and mlist.private_roster == 0:
         doc.addError(_('No such member: %(safeuser)s.'))
         loginpage(mlist, doc, None, cgidata)
         print doc.Format()
         return

Pass this check if closed list. ?? should be like this?

     if not mlist.isMember(user):
         if mlist.private_roster:
             safeuser = _('undisclosed')

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/