[Mailman-Developers] mailmanctl and syslog

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jan 24 13:44:12 EST 2003

    LR> Mybe I should rephrase my question.

    LR> Would'nt it be better if mailman can log either in a logfile
    LR> or in a user configurable SysLog facility?

    LR> I mean, for each logfile that mm creates, could it be possible
    LR> to specify a filename or a syslog target?

It's likely that the next significant release of Mailman will use
Python 2.3's standard logging facility (probably as a distutils add-on
for Python 2.2 support).  This should allow you all manner of
configurability for sending log messages to files or syslog, emailing,
controlling logging levels in a standard way, etc.