[Mailman-Developers] Create mailing list on the web error

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Tue Jan 14 16:03:59 EST 2003

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 03:49 PM, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> Unfortunately, for some reason bin/check_perms doesn't check
> permissions on the aliases* files in the data directory - this should
> be fixed (I'll look at a patch in a bit).

Just looking at this, there's a comment in checkperms() in
Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py as follows:

         # Make sure the corresponding .db files are owned by the
Mailman user.
         # We don't need to check the group ownership of the file, since
         # check_perms checks this itself.

Was this from an earlier version of 2.1 which checked permissions on
*/*.db? I don't see anything in check_perms which checks group
permissions of data/aliases.db.

Bryan