[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-665732 ] List-Id should be one line.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 10 06:05:35 EST 2003

Bugs item #665732, was opened at 2003-01-10 15:05
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=665732&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
If the List-Id: header gets splitted into several lines,
which I could observe on lists I'm on which switched to
mailman 2.1 now, it is getting harder to filter the list
based on the fixed part of the list id.

Filtering would need to look at more than one line.

So a procmail pattern (procmail uses egrep an basically
work on one line) like
:0:
*^List-Id:.* <kmail\.mail\.kde\.org>$
kmail-incoming

would not work anymore reliably when the description of
the
mailinglist is getting longer. Before mailman 2.1 the
above pattern was save against the changes in the
description.

I know that headers longer than one line are allowed,
still I consider is a design bug at mailman does not
necessrily need to make filtering harder at this point.