[Mailman-Developers] email comparison bug?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jan 1 20:40:09 EST 2003

    SB> One of my users got two notices for her two lists at one
    SB> domain, instead of one notice with two password/URLs.

    SB> One of the lists has her address all lower case, and the other
    SB> is capped like this: HerName at aol.com

Were these lists that you upgraded, or were these new-to-MM2.1 lists?
If you upgraded them, what did you upgrade them from?

    SB> They're exactly the same otherwise. Is this a bug in 2.1's
    SB> comparison function that it uses to group accounts for
    SB> "global" operations and monthly notices?

It's a bug that you could subscribe both addresses to your list.  They
are supposed to be the same member record, which is case insensitive.
I'm really interested in how you got both addresses subscribed.  Check
logs/subscribe if you're not sure.