[Mailman-Developers] Re: CORRUPT ARCHIVE FOR LIST: Redux

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Wed Feb 12 10:17:42 EST 2003

I have the same problem :-)

In message <5.1.1.6.0.20030212075718.03bf88d8 at pop3.demon.co.uk>, Richard Barrett writes:

> The reported error is that the time.mktime function is being called with a
> year value outside the range 1970 to 2038, that is outside the epoch known
> by the C functions for date handling on the platform.
>
> The question of why this date has cropped up is more difficult to determine.

Yup. This happens irregularly for me, but once a "corrupt" message is in
the archive.mbox file it is repeatable.

I've looked at the message causing the problem (both in the queue files
and in the archive .mbox file) and *I* can't see a poorly formatted
date. Granted, my eyes aren't what they used to be.

My error log and shunted qfiles are available at
<http://www.cfrq.net/~chk/mailman-error.tar>, if any developers want a
test case for this bug (which is related to #610265).

--
Harald Koch <chk at pobox.com>    http://blog.cfrq.net/chk/
There is no problem, no matter how large or small, that