[Mailman-Developers] Odd message body "/root/8e8Ta4: Permission denied" (2.1b2)

Nick Arnett narnett at mccmedia.com
Sat Feb 8 12:01:26 EST 2003

One of my list moderators accidentally approved a bit of spam to a list.
The message that went to the subscribers contained nothing other than the
line "/root/8e8Ta4: Permission denied" and the footer.

In the Mailman error log, the entry for that message is "Feb 07 10:14:24
2003 (11930) HTML->text/plain error: 65280".

So I'm assuming that conversion from HTML to text failed.  And I suppose
that this sort of thing just basically shouldn't go to the list.  This
happened with Mailman 2.1b2 on Redhat 7.0.  I'm in the process of switching
over to 2.1 on a new machine running RH 8.0, so I sent it to my test list
there... which promptly kicked it back to me with a "Content filtered
message notification."

Thus, no real problem, I believe, but I offer this because it's slightly
worrisome to see anything with "/root" showing up in a message that goes to
the whole list.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett