[Mailman-Developers] Re: checkdbs UnicodeError

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 6 12:18:44 EST 2003

* On 2003.02.06, in <1044527630.3201.18.camel at fornax.bibsys.no>,
*	"Daniel Buchmann" <Daniel.Buchmann at bibsys.no> wrote:
> The patch solved the problem. Thanks! :)
>
> Over to something else:
> Is there anyone out there that has written a script to flush (discard)
> the entire request db for a specified list?
> I need it badly.. ;)

This might work for you. It will accept, reject, or discard all current
post requests for one or more lists. You can give a reason. The reason
enters the vette log, and is relayed to the poster if you're rejecting.
I recommend that you try it on a test list or something, or save the
backup of your config.db, or whatever. This is for an old version of
Mailman and might not work as well for you as for me.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mailman/bulk-vette.py

server$ bulk-vette.py
usage: /opt/bin/bulk-vette.py [-a | --accept] [-r | --reject] [-d | --discard]
       [-c "why" | --comment="why"] list [list ...]

--
 -D.               "Jobs are created when... Americans have more money...
 dgc at uchicago.edu   and the best way to make sure Americans have that money