[Mailman-Developers] Help me

mjinks at uchicago.edu mjinks at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 31 14:15:02 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 05:54:59AM +1030, D&J Morley wrote:
> As a list owner of the above list can you tell me why my own list is
> rejecting my mail.

Greetings.

I'm far from being a Mailman guru, but my guess is no, nobody will be
able to tell you without being able to look at your list's settings,
which none of us can do for you, since we don't have anything to do with
the system where your list is hosted.  This is a mailing list for
people who use the Mailman software package; we don't have any
association do with british-genealogy.com.

> It seems your mailman thing says I do not exist?

Or, british-genealogy.com's mailman thing says you do not exist. ;)

One possibility is that you are not subscribed to the list, and the list
is configured to reject mail from non-subscribers.  (Yes, I know you
said you're the owner of the list, but ownership and subscriber status
don't have anything to do with each other.)  But none of us can tell you
that for sure, it's just something I've seen from time to time on the
Mailman installation that I help run.

> no one will answer my emails from this UK web site.

If the people who operate the system where you house your mailing list
are not cooperative, you might want to consider moving your list to some
other site.  Just a thought, sorry that doesn't help you very much with
your current problem.

Good luck...
--
Michael Jinks, ENSA, NSIT, University of Chicago
"I have seen the future, and it makes no sense."