[Mailman-Developers] Non-member post confirmation

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Aug 28 20:41:58 EDT 2003

At 10:21 -0400 8/28/2003, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> In additon to the full subscription option there could perhaps be a thread
>> subscription which would subscribe the sender to only receive mails from the
>> thread started by him/her. This might become somewhat heavy though.
>
>It's a great idea that's been bantied about for years (e.g. Roundup's
>nosy lists).  But that would have to be a feature for a 2.2 release.

And would have problems with uncooperative MUAs and uncooperative MUA
users, either of which could take an "interesting" (to the restricted
subscriber) message outside the thread.

Good luck.

Are Topics working well enough to be useful (I haven't tried any)?

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA