[Mailman-Developers] Bounce processing performance, pending.pck possible bug/redesign

Fil fil at rezo.net
Sun Apr 27 00:25:45 EDT 2003

> It appears that Bouncer.py currently makes an entry in pending.pck for the
> very FIRST bounce even though the bounce disable threshold is set MUCH
> higher than one for the list.

I would agree.

> It is my understanding that the bounce date and count information is stored
> in the config.pck database.

Yes, and this choice is pretty much impossible to understand: it increases
the risk of corruption of the config.pck file, and it makes the BounceRunner
lock the config.pck file for ages when it needs just lock the "bouncers"
part of that file.

> It appears than the extra processing of the pending.pck database may be
> increasing the bounce processing time significantly and possibly
> unnecessarily.

In my view it would be better to have a seperate bounce.pck file

-- Fil