[Mailman-Developers] Implicit destination default action RFE

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Apr 19 17:25:17 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 11:20, Simone Piunno wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 11:15:06AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>
> > I have plans for rewriting the Hold/Moderate workflow so that you could
> > do something like this much more easily.  It's probably a MM3.0 thing.
>
> I'm trying to extend the current workflow to allow training of
> false negatives when using spambayes as the filter, so I'm very
> interested to have some info on your plans :)

Very briefly: Thomas Wouters and I talked a bit about this at Pycon.
What I think we want to do is to apply all the tests on a message and
keep track of all the results.  Right now, the first test match
short-circuits the rest of the tests.

Once we've done that, then we want to have a way for a list admin to
build a ruleset for how the tests should map into one of the following
states: accept, hold, reject, discard, defer.  Defer would mean to apply
the next rule in the ruleset, while the others are terminal states.

When a held message is shown to the moderator, they get to (perhaps
optionally) see the complete match results for the message.  So you
might see e.g. implicit-destination, non-member-post, max-size.

Spambayes filtering would simply be another test to apply.