[Mailman-Developers] Mailman web interfaces and design

Mike Holderness mch at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 14:54:00 EDT 2003

CARTER Anthony <a.carter at cordis.lu> wrote:

> I am looking for a means of customizing the mailman we pages. I have
> noticed that some pages can be edited via the interface, but I would
> like to make more drastic changes (removing links to admin page for
> example).
>
> My first thing that I would like to do is, if possible, to add our own
> CSSs to the web pages. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so,
> where do I start?

Yes. You can put any HTML at all in there, so long as
you use the &lt;MM-thing-name&gt; tags correctly.

Take a look at www.londonfreelance.org/indynet for an
example - which not only uses a style sheet but also ECMA
scripting - strongly encouraging people to introduce
themselves to the list and proofreading their email
before hitting the server for example. If cordis wants
to licen{c|s}e the error-checking code I expect I'll
discount it for the usefulness of your service :-)

Now, to everyone else... where do I get to play with the
templates for the archives? I know they're in there
somewhere, because of internationali{s|z}ation
discussions here. I'm using MM running on an ISP's
machine, so I can't just grep for them...

Mike Holderness