[Mailman-Developers] Re: Mailman-Developers Digest, Vol 125, Issue 1

Adam Lacey mradamlacey@hotmail.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:12:30 -0500

Trying to hack interface to bypass Mailman's authorization so that I can
integrate it with another administrative environment, so basically I am
trying to spoof the cookie that mailman sends after successful login from my
own environment.

I have isolated the cookie and but my problem is how the program encrypts or
encodes the password and timestamp data.  I dont know how to recreate this
cookie.

Could someone enlighten me how to do this?  Or what the cookie looks like,
and how it is encoded?

Basically my external administrative environment will have a list of who is
authorized to edit which list, and once that authorization is successful, it
will send a cookie (one which looks just like the one mailman is expecting)
to the user.  So then the user will seamlessly be able to have
administrative access.

Thanks