[Mailman-Developers] feature request: new option forreply_goes_to_list

Dan Mick dan.mick@sun.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:16:42 -0700

Simone Piunno wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 02:12:05PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>

>>>Thanks to the multiple reply-to feature we're preventing nothing.
>>

>>Sorry, not true.
>>When you set a reply-to to any value, you are preventing the user to chose
>>between reply to list/all or just replying to the original sender.
>

> bogus argument:
> when you don't set a reply-to you are preventing the user to choose
> between reply to originasender/all or just replying to the list.

Wrong.  Every mailreader I've ever used has a two-option (at least)
choice: reply to sender ("From:") or reply to all (From: and Cc:).

If Reply-To: is set, "reply to sender" uses that instead; you can't
reply to "From:" without editing the address.

> you can't have everything on single button, so you are always preventing
> the alternative use the from button, whatever it was.

This doesn't make any sense.