[Mailman-Developers] reply-to in digest

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:39:03 -0400

    >> Yes.  Digest messages should never be replied to.  Tell the
    >> user to burst his digests and reply to the individual messages.

    SP> Sorry, let me rephrase: this is what he wants to do!

    SP> He wants to reply to individual messages, but they lack the
    SP> Reply-To.

This is because RFC 1153 specifies the exact list of headers that
should be copied to digest messages, and that list doesn't include
Reply-To.  OTOH, I think the list specified by RFC 1153 is incomplete
(e.g. it doesn't include MIME headers), so adding Reply-To to the list
of overrides seems fine to me.

-Barry