[Mailman-Developers] VERP code

Colin Palmer colinp@waikato.ac.nz
Fri Oct 18 05:23:35 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Stonewall Ballard wrote:

> Are you saying that your VERP_FORMAT is '%(bounces)s-%(mailbox)s=%(host)s' ?
>
> If so, I don't think that would work very well since the mailbox name could
> have a '-' in it, making part matching ambiguous.
>
> If I misunderstood, can you clarify? What are your VERP_FORMAT and your
> VERP_REGEXP?

I'm using Mailman 2.1b3 here and I've been tinkering with the VERP support
too, trying to tie it in with qmail's, so I also went through the changing
+ to - before realising that since I was using a hacked version of
qmail-to-mailman.py I didn't need to... oh well.  Anyway, here's what I
have in mm_cfg.py

VERP_FORMAT = '%(bounces)s-%(mailbox)s=%(host)s'

and I haven't seen any messages about 'unrecognised bounces', though it
hasn't been tested much at this point.

For 'normal' list deliveries though, I've set VERP_INTERVAL to 0 and use a
hacked-about version of Sendmail.py that forces the envelope sender to be
'listname-bounces-@mailhost.dom-@[]' and injects via qmail-inject

--
** Colin Palmer, Systems and Development Group, University of Waikato, NZ **