[Mailman-Developers] Rebuilding archives in 2.1b+

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:05:13 -0400

    SB> I'm using yesterday's (10/16) CVS build.

    SB> I've managed to screw up my archives. Probably a permissions
    SB> problem (I had mailman_user set wrong for a while). Arch is
    SB> segfaulting trying to rebuild the date archives for a list.

    SB> Can I just delete all the html files and start over? Is that
    SB> sufficient?  What do I need to keep? What should the
    SB> owner/group of these files be?

As you might imagine, I tend to regenerate archives /a lot/, and
here's my recipe:

- cd /usr/local/mailman
- \rm -rf archives/private/mylist/*

(this last one is important to get just right)

- bin/arch mylist

As long as you don't mess with
archives/private/mylist.mbox/mylist.mbox everything will be cool.

BTW, I like your site Stoney.  I think we need to put together The
Mailman Jam Band. :)

-Barry