[Mailman-Developers] Bounce with verp on not recognized

Stonewall Ballard stoney@sb.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:38:38 -0400

I just updated to the latest CVS version, turned on personalization and
subscribed a bunch of people. I got an "Uncaught Bounce Notification" back,
but as far as I can tell, there was no personalization on the reply-to
address going out.

I put this in my mm_cfg.py:

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 1
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = 1

It doesn't appear from the MTA logs that the envelope sender was munged to
contain the verp extension. I'm not certain of this, not having the original
outgoing message, but I believe that the MTA (Communigate Pro) will not do
more than reject a message when it has a problem with the envelope from
address.

Should I have expected that welcome messages would contain verp'd reply-to's
or is this likely to be a misconfiguration somewhere on my part?

BTW, this is a _wonderful_ feature.

 - Stoney

--
Stonewall Ballard