[Mailman-Developers] more 2.1b3++ MIME funnies.

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:42:29 -0700

At 17:25 -0400 10/14/2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>    CVR> What I'd like to be able to do (but can't) is allow M/A,
>    CVR> t/plain and t/html, and use the lynx to defang HTML going
>    CVR> into the text (but not MIME) digests. That seems the most
>    CVR> reasonable set of compromises to allow styled
>    CVR> mail. Unfortunately, mailman can't be set up that way...
>
>Nope, because messages are processed for the two digests in the same
>fell swoop.  I don't think it's ever come up before that you might
>want different processing for the different digests, but that /does/
>make sense.  ("Oh, TODO, please come here for a moment")

And the archive represents a history of...
   which version of the list...
     non-digest, text digest, MIME digest???

Probably non-digest--except for a digest-only list--but proving what was
sent by relying on the archive becomes difficult.

I do *not* think the above musings imply "don't do it."

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA