[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Patches-594771 ] i18n support for Archiver

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:14:39 -0700

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=594771&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail
Group: Mailman 2.1

Initial Comment:
I'm trying to provide changes in small chunks.
This 1st patch does the following:

- 7 new template files:

        archidxentry.html
        archidxhead.html
        archidxfoot.html
        archliststart.html
        archlistend.html
        archtoc.html
        archtocentry.html

- _() marking for translatable strings

- a few small bugfixes (e.g. unwanted spaces,
   bin/arch not calling i18n.set_language, etc.)

TODO:

- show translated tags for archive volumes (e.g.
   "2002-August", "2002q3", "Week-of-Mon-XXXX")
   I have 2 alternatives: renaming files and dirs where
   the archives are built (cleaner, but screws up
   everything in pre-existing archives) or build a
   tag-to-description translator (better, I think)

- find a way to produce translated datetime strings
  without using locale.setlocale and time.strftime()
  (this is discouraged in Python manual)
  Here I really need some advice.