[Mailman-Developers] message url in footer

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:12:42 -0400

    MM> It would be great if I could modify the footer of a mailing
    MM> list to insert the archive URL of the current message.

    MM> Is that easy/possible?

Nope because there's no standard API between Mailman and the archiver
to trade this information, and relying on something like the
Message-ID isn't quite reliable enough.  This is on the wish list
though (just now, officially).

    MM> I apologize if this is a FAQ.  I read the FAQ and the wish
    MM> list and couldn't find a reference to it.  I also did at least
    MM> a cursory google search and couldn't find anything obvious
    MM> related to this:

    MM>   http://www.google.com/search?q=mailman+footer

    MM>   http://www.google.com/search?q=mailman+footer+archive

    MM> Thanks,

    MM> // mark

    MM> p.s.  Suggestion: Put a "last updated" date on the wish list.

It's in the html comments, but I added an explicit RCS $Date$ key to
the file.

-Barry