[Mailman-Developers] SOLVED: Postfix+Mailman alias-free and in separate namespace

Fil fil@rezo.net
Sat Nov 23 07:44:36 2002

Hi Dax,

I've been doing something similar for a while, but without a script, just
by using postfix's virtual and regexp tools. - http://listes.rezo.net/how.php
This approach first checks if the address is a "hard" one (ie mentioned in
the virtual for rezo.net), then , if not, sends it to a regexp domain where
everything is sent to Mailman, either to a -bounce, -on, -off (and so on)
script, or else to the 'post' script.

@ Dax Kelson <dax@gurulabs.com> :
> I've created the script postfix-to-mailman.py. Python seemed natural, as
> mailman is written in python, and invoking postfix-to-mailman.py script
> on delivery to mailman just warms up the disk cache with all the python
> code and speeds invocation of mailman.
>
> Postfix configuration samples (thanks Wietse) can be found inside the
> script itself. The script is heavily based on the qmail-to-postfix
> script by Bruce Perens.
>
> You can get the script at:
>
> http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads.html
>
> Dax Kelson