Fwd: [Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-640775 ] Qrunner suddenly doesn't work anymore

Richard Barrett R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 09:31:49 2002

Barry et al

You can ignore what I said below in my posting yesterday evening about the
subject bug report; a complete non sequitur.

The problem I had was with UserDict.pyc (not Utils.pyc) appearing out of
place in $prefix/Mailman/

The bug report suggests corruption of Utils.pyc in its correct place.

Richard

I had said:

Barry

I posted on the subject '[Mailman-Users] Spurious ImportError stopping the
qrunner'   and you responded on 19 Nov

If you recollect I said that the problem was cured by removing a file
$prefix /Mailman/Utils.pyc which had automagically appeared out of place.

Looks like someone else has found the same cure is necessary, albeit for a
different spurious exception

Python or Mailman problem or a conspiracy ??

Richard

>To: noreply@sourceforge.net
>From: noreply@sourceforge.net
>Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:39:11 -0800

<snip>

>Bugs item #640775, was opened at 2002-11-19 16:28
>You can respond by visiting:
>https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=640775&group_id=103
>
>Category: command line scripts
>Group: 2.0.x
>
>Initial Comment:
>Since I checked my e-mail-account today I had over 1000
>new mails where my cron daemon worries about those
>errors with your qrunner and listinfo.py:
>
>(1) "Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 84, in ?
>     from Mailman import Utils
>EOFError: EOF read where object expected"
>
>(2) "Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 40, in ?
>     from Mailman import MailList
>   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 36, in ?
>     from Mailman import Utils
>EOFError: EOF read where object expected"

<big snip>