[Mailman-Developers] 2.1b5 pipermail archives assume all posts are in list language charset?

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi@is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Fri Nov 22 01:56:41 2002

Ben Gertzfield wrote:

> I actually have written some Python code to safely escape iso-2022
> characters for HTML.  Maybe we can use this for Pipermail!

Well, I like fix once for all (in Entry.py). ;-)
Or, you have to worry about it every time you add new modules.

Maybe we shuould use global altcharsets for non japanese mlist.

global_altcharsets = {
	'iso-2022-jp':	'euc-jp',
	'shift_jis':	'euc-jp',
	'iso-8859-15':	'iso-8859-1', # or reverse?
}

This can be generated from charset list for languages.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/