[Mailman-Developers] [B5] MIME remapping

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu Nov 21 13:22:03 2002

    LR> since I installaed B5 my messages are reconverted in
    LR> multipart/mixed with two part, both text/plain: the first part
    LR> is my message, the second is the footer added by Mailman.

    LR> I suspected that this was caused by filtering options, but the
    LR> problem is still there even after disabling the msg filetring.

    LR> Any suggestion?

    LR> Note that I write the msgs using TheBat!, that cannot send
    LR> msgs othar than pure text and puts this header:

Does the problem go away if you set your non-digest options msg_header
and msg_footer to empty strings?

If so, then either you're not actually sending text/plain messages, or
your list is configured to use a language other than English.  b5 adds
headers and footers to messages with incompatible MIME types by
wrapping them in multipart/mixed.