[Mailman-Developers] Translingual Mailing List Functionality

Steven Clift slc@publicus.net
Fri Nov 15 17:07:34 2002

To further develop your idea you might want to contact that folks
that put together JuniorSummit at MIT:  http://www.jrsummit.net

Back in 1998 they used the lyris e-list server and machine
translation to connect hundreds of kids all using different
languages.  Their general approach was to allow all users to indicate
their preferred first language.  All posts in a different language
were translated with the post in the original language sent along
below the translation.  Apparently kids figured out how to make this
work for them and it was considered a success.

I am interested in if anyone knows of similar approaches. With E-
Democracy we'd like to host a Spanish-English discussion list using
mailman.

Steven Clift
http://www.publicus.net