[Mailman-Developers] Reasons why personalization of the To/From are a bad idea...

Bob Puff@NLE bob@nleaudio.com
Wed Nov 13 19:30:40 2002

> 3) I can't prove this, but... Since I went to To/From header
> personalization, I've started getting complaints about mail not getting
> to AOL users. It's intermittent. My logs clearly show AOL accepting the
> mail. And then it -- disappears.

Actually, I've experienced exactly the opposite.  In fact, you'll see a number of spam filters that will specifically reject messages that are not TO: the destination
person, ignoring the envelope.  I've had three cases of AOL users rejecting mail from my lists because I don't have personalization.

Bob