[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-635462 ] Admin pages HTML does not set TEXT color

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sat Nov 9 07:43:26 2002

At 9:37 -0500 11/8/2002, Dale Newfield wrote:
>On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 noreply@sourceforge.net wrote:
>> Admin pages HTML does not set TEXT color
>
>Why is it mailman's job to protect stupid users from their own browser
>settings?

This one sounded like it was posted not from a stupid user but from a
careful tester.  If mailman has an intended appearance, it should cause
that appearance to happen unless the user--in a browser which will--has
refused to allow the site to override her local style sheet.

Personally, I liked the old days, when the user's browser settings were
allowed to control appearance details, and HTML described content.

Of course, one could hardly hire out as a "designer" following that idea,
so it didn't last long.

  --John (one of the few who remembers that the first T in HTTP stands for
Text)
--
John Baxter   Port Ludlow, WA USA
Always allow for the innate perversity of inanimate matter.