[Mailman-Developers] bin/arch and large mbox

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Thu, 23 May 2002 13:02:16 -0400

I'm in the process of integrating a large set of old ezmlm archives
with my existing Mailman archives.  After converting the ezmlm
archives to mbox format, I've been merging the archives together into
a single listname.mbox file and then running bin/arch to rebuild the

Everything has been going well until I hit a large mbox archive
(~11MB).  bin/arch only gets through the first 200 or so messages
before it decides to finish up.  This leaves me with only three weeks
of archive indexes (from the year 2000, at that).

The bin/arch usage text alludes to bin/arch having issues with large
mbox'es, and it seems as though I'm experiencing one of them. =)

Something like "bin/arch -s 0 -e 500 listname" doesn't seem to help.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)