[Mailman-Developers] Python and Mailman problem

Roy Bixler rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:52:08 -0500

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:52:56AM -0600, Kory Wheatley wrote:
> Critical trying to run Python 2.1 on my production mailman 2.0.11
> Univeristy Mailing Lists. I had to revert back to Python1.5.2
> Does Python 2.1 work with  Mailman 2.0.11.

I got it to work with Python 2.2.1 but this one was built from source
on Solaris 8 and I remember having to uncomment a lot of modules at
the Modules/Setup file before the build.  Also, I needed to patch the
Mailman/Bouncers/Catchall.py file because 'regex' didn't seem to be
there to include (maybe I missed something but anyway I didn't think
it worthwhile to figure out how to get 'regex' included if it's
obsolete and only one module of Mailman needs it.)  I posted the patch
to the Mailman developers' list earlier this month but I can send it
if you can't find it and are interested.

R.