[Mailman-Developers] Another stupid question

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:02:31 -0400

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 11:11:39AM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002 13:22:53 -0400
> Jay R Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
> > I seem to have managed to get CVS installed and running (and finally
> > ironed out my DNS issues), but for some reason, my installation thinks
> > it has no name: invitation messages come from "MAILER-DAEMON" with no
> > domain, and the List headers are for "test1@"
>
> Odds are good this is an MTA config problem.  Send mail from both the
> CLI (`mail`) and telnetting to localhost.  See what default host is
> given on From: etc and then fix as appropriate.  Make sure you try with
> unqualified addresses (ie UID only), with partially qualified domains,
> and FQDNs to see the exact behaviour.

It would appear not.  Sending mail from the Mailman machine using mutt
sends messages with the headers just as they might be expected to be.

It appears that mailman doesn't know it's name...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")