[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Feature Requests-224744 ] disable List-Post for broadcast list

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Thu, 16 May 2002 09:39:54 -0700

Feature Requests item #224744, was opened at 2000-12-06 10:43
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=224744&group_id=103

Category: configuring/installing
Group: None

Initial Comment:

There are problems using Mailman for "broadcast lists" --
those lists where only a few people are authorized to
post messages to the list.  For those lists, it is
desirable to remove all references to posting messages
in the instructions seen by list subscribers.  The
general list information page can be rewritten to
achieve this, but the welcome message also includes
these instructions and cannot be customized.

With more recent releases of Mailman, the problem is
made worse with the addition of a List-Post: header,
which indicates to subscribers that their posts are
welcome.  They are not.  Mailman needs additional
configurability to suppress these invitations to post
to the list to better support broadcast lists.

Comment By: Bob Weissman (bweissman)