[Mailman-Developers] Changing version numbers

Terri Oda terri@zone12.com
Tue, 07 May 2002 21:00:04 -0400

Just noticed this upgrading an installation from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10... why
doesn't Version.py get overwritten by the new installation?  I'm guessing
that it's just in case you've got some freaky version system of your own
worked out, but it seems a little strange to look at a new installation and
discover that the old version number is among the preserved settings.

I just copied over the new file and compiled it.  Was there something more
elaborate I was supposed to do?  And where was I told to do it? :)