[Mailman-Developers] Re: Upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.1.b2

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:58:27 -0700

At 23:06 -0700 5/6/2002, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>On 5/6/02 6:48 PM, "Arnaud Launay" <asl@launay.org> wrote:
>

>> Sender: mailman-developers-bounces@python.org
>>
>> which means that everybody filtering on Sender will have to
>> change their filters.
>
>The real answer, IMHO, is  "why are you filtering on Sender, anyway? That's
>what List-ID is for".

My collection of Eudora filters for lists goes WAY back in time (to 1995 or
so).  So I have many different techniques.  They are fairly modern in other
ways...I'm mostly filtering on the IMAP server now.

List-ID makes sense for me (and Eudora, unlike some desktop MUAs, is happy
to filter on any header one cares to name), and I'm tending to use it when
I have to repair a list filter.

Provided it's there, of course.

  --John

--