[Mailman-Developers] Vcard .. at least i sample on this list :-)

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 07 May 2002 14:41:32 -0700

On Tue, 7 May 2002 20:18:06 +0200
Danny Terweij <danny@terweij.nl> wrote:

> If it is the mail client then Microsoft did make a wrong version of
> all outlook express versions.

Given that Microsoft has yet to make a version of Outlook that complies
with Internet standards, this would hardly be a surprise.

> When i send a peronal mail to a person then no HR lines are
> added. When i send to another mailing list on Yahoo, groupcare and
> coollist then no HR lines are added.

Unfortunately behavioural analysis doesn't tend to get very far when
analysing MIME structure behaviour, mostly due to the variant
implementations of MIME parsers (something which Microsoft does
excruciatingly poorly at, despite being a trivial thing to do let alone
do right).

> When i send to a mailman list even here, there are added 2 HR
> lines.. so mailman is adding this lines, and has nothing to do with
> the mail client.

Pull both versions of the message (the full thing with all RFC 2822
headers etc) into a text editor, and then deconstruct and compare the
MIME structures.  That will reveal both the difference and the cause of
the difference.

I'll lay a pretty safe bet as to where the problem is.

> I hope i did now clear enough to prove it is a mailman bug/problem.
> So i hope it is in the next version solved (b2+ ?)

If you'd like assistance, please attach both messages as message/RFC822
types in a post to this list explaining the problem.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?