[Mailman-Developers] Vcard .. at least i sample on this list :-)

Danny Terweij danny@terweij.nl
Tue, 7 May 2002 21:37:21 +0200

From: "Ron Jarrell" <jarrell@vt.edu>

> Check the faqs for using a separate "demime" program in your aliases file.
You might write a separate script that you use locally, either as a
standalone in your aliases file, or as a pipeline module for mailman (if you
know python), which hunts down and destroys vcards.  (Which I'd personally
like on all mailing lists.  vcards annoy the crap out of me.)

Hmm i think this is a good point  for the developers to think about.
I am not a programmer, i just create very light scripts here written for
bash.. doing some automatic stuff here. (backups, virus scanning and so
on..)
Python is like C or other language for me.. i do not understand it.

The only thing i run an linux box next my main windows 2000 server is that
linux sometimes is better on some utils dan microshit. maybe one time on a
day i migrate the whole stuff to linux :-) But there is just more for linux
than windows. I can not find a simular program like Mailman for win32.

So lets someone here start programming a vcard killer :-)

Danny.