[Mailman-Developers] Vcard .. at least i sample on this list :-)

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Tue, 07 May 2002 14:55:01 -0400

At 08:18 PM 5/7/02 +0200, Danny Terweij wrote:
>From: "Ron Jarrell" <jarrell@vt.edu>
>
>When i send a peronal mail to a person then no HR lines are added. When i
>send to another mailing list on Yahoo, groupcare and coollist then no HR
>lines are added.
>
>When i send to a mailman list even here, there are added 2 HR lines.. so
>mailman is adding this lines, and has nothing to do with the mail client.
>
>See a screen shot here : http://poema.no-ip.com/vcard.jpg (435kb)
>
>I hope i did now clear enough to prove it is a mailman bug/problem.
>So i hope it is in the next version solved (b2+ ?)

Ok, mailman is obviously *NOT* adding HR lines to your email.  I'm using Eudora, and in your initial email to the list, as others have pointed out, there were NO HR lines in *our* copies.

When you forwarded YOUR copy to the list, there were HR lines.

Now, I'm willing to believe that mailman's mime chroming is adding *something* that YOUR CLIENT decides to render as an HR line, but there were physically no HR tags in the original copies we say, just your reforwarding.

*My* copy of your note just had normal text.  *Your* copy when it reforwarded included the following html embedded in it:
(Note the META tag for MSHTML; outlook is wrapping whatever you're getting and changing it's appearence.)

<P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>
  <STYLE></STYLE>

  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT size=2>
  <DIV><BR>Hi,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>When deleting a list with ./rmlist, all the held messages stored are not
  erased.&nbsp;(~mailman/data)</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;Danny.</DIV>
  <DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>