[Mailman-Developers] RE: [Mailman-Announce] RELEASED Mailman 2.1 beta 2

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 06 May 2002 22:27:04 -0700

On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:21:29 -0700
Marc MERLIN <marc_news@vasoftware.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:16:13PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

>>> I would kill for a post-filter.  Why?  So I can inject every
>>> message with the URL of where it sits in the web archives.

>> Yeah, liststar does that, and it's *quite* nice.

> Never mind, I misread.  What I meant to say is that it'd be nice to
> strip attachments, and give the URL to the attachments in the web
> archive, like liststar does Of course, that's probably home hacking,
> or post mm 2.1 stuff

Which, given post-filters (which as Barry says, should be fairly easy to
do under 2.1) that should be pretty easy to do:

  message -> Mailman -> MHonArc -> demime -> postfilter -> MTA

The postfilter (ignoring the fact that its all a postfilter) just inserts
the URLs to the bits that MHonArc extracted (and demime later stripped)

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?